Dairyland soil test results can be imported directly into SNAP-Plus. To import samples from the web follow these step-by-step instructions.
1) Log into your Dairyland account through the Customer Portal at www.dairylandlabs.com
2) Go to Soil Reports
3) Click on the Lab Number to open the sample
4) In the Report Details box, click on the Snap Plus icon
5) The file will open in text format. Save this file to a folder of your choice.
6) Open SNAP-Plus
- For new farms, go to File>New and when you click on the Field tab there will be a prompt to import soil test data. Click Yes.
- For an existing operation, open the appropriate farm’s database in SNAP-Plus, go to the Soil Test tab and click the “Import Soil Test Data” button on the top right of the screen.
- Click “Select File”, browse to where the soil test results were just saved and double click on the file or highlight and click Open.
- If there are any bright yellow boxes in the “Data preview” screen – they are indicating that there is a mismatch between what is in SNAP-Plus already and what is in the imported file. For example, FarmName on the soil test report may not match what you wrote for the Farm Name on the “Farm” tab in SNAP-Plus. Snap screen might say Joe’s Example Farm and in the soil test it may only say “Example Farm”. If you click on the yellow box it will give the option with the ability to automatically change all to match. This is important to watch if fields already exist in the SNAP-Plus and these were fields that were re-sampled. A field name may have been changed in the SNAP program but not on the soil testing forms – Snap might say filed “09” where the soil report ways “9”. If this is imported, it will make a new field, so Snap will now have fields “09” and “9”. However, there will also be a pop-up warning message every time you make a new filed to try to prevent this from happening. Click Import.
- Note that you can edit the data inside the data preview screen and it will be saved that way.
- Snap will say how many fields were successfully imported. Hit Close.
For more information call Dairyland Laboratories, Inc. at 608-323-2123 or contact us here